Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Are You Just Going to Stand There Or Are You Going to Do Something?

 If you want to experience what conservative teachers and students must go through daily in our public and private schools, read this. After reading, ask yourself if this doesn't sound like the type of indoctrination we'd have seen under Stalin or Mao or Castro. This is evil and parents need to stand up and make it stop-by attending school meetings, voting for school boards and not blindly accepting the new status quo simply to "get by."


"...I asked my uncomfortable questions in the “self-care” meeting because I felt a duty to my students. I wanted to be a voice for the many students of different backgrounds who have approached me over the course of the past several years to express their frustration with indoctrination at our school, but are afraid to speak up. They report that, in their classes and other discussions, they must never challenge any of the premises of our “antiracist” teachings, which are deeply informed by Critical Race Theory. 

These concerns are confirmed for me when I attend grade-level and all-school meetings about race or gender issues. There, I witness student after student sticking to a narrow script of acceptable responses. Teachers praise insights when they articulate the existing framework or expand it to apply to novel domains. Meantime, it is common for teachers to exhort students who remain silent that “we really need to hear from you.” 

No comments: